Thursday, October 23, 2008

End of an Era

For those of you die hard Cat fans you already know but Lute Olsen retired today. He is no longer the head coach of the University of Arizona Wildcat Basketball team. I am sad but excited to see what the change will bring. I will be a die hard fan no matter what! I am a wildcat forever!!!!!!!!

In other news, work has been extremely busy. But due to the current economic conditions, 6 people from my office were given their 60 day walking papers today. 4 of those 6 were managers. It was quite the shock to most. Because of my position, I knew two weeks ago. And for now my job is safe. Apparently I am rather indispensable. Not a bad thing at all.

I am going to get to go down to Tucson this weekend. I am excited to just be home with the family. I have spent the last 18 months feeling like I am drowning and I am finally starting to get a little bit of fresh air. Not alot of fresh air yet...but at taste at least!

Um let's see...my friend Heather has had her first round of chemo and has some good days and of course some bad! Her bone scans came back clear so the only cancer is in her right breast! I was hoping to get there soon but dang...money sucks!

Well, that is it. Love you all!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Can't wait to see you! Crazy economic times we live in, I am glad I can say that I can live with out water and electricity :)

Grandpa Howe said...

Lute Schmute. He's done nothing but sabotage AZ basketball the last five years

Linda said...

I am really glad your job is safe. Money is dumb, but it is good to have some. I feel like Dr. Suess. :-)Hope your weekend with your family was awesome. Hannah and Rose are getting mad at us because we aren't going to Grandma's house. Sometimes it is really hard to explain just have far away we live now.